I'm especially enthused about St. Mary's, Georgia. The town is located on the St. Mary's River, which defines the border between Georgia and Florida. A few miles to the east on the Atlantic, the mouth of the river separates the barrier islands, Cumberland to the north and Amelia to the south. The islands have miles of pristine beaches, marshes, and fauna that include wild horses and armadillos.
From the Google map, I can discern the ramp where we'll be launching brother John's Boston Whaler jetboat and the salt creeks where we'll be stalking the skittish redfish. This will be a new species for me and the St. Croix. Suggested baits include gold spoons, brightly colored plastic grubs, crabs, and finger mullet.
John knows the area well, and has already made reservations at Marianne's Sterling Southern Cafe, where he claims that the best grouper in the world is served. It will have to be delectable to compete with the grouper I caught off Clearwater Beach and had prepared at the marina restaurant. After dinner, we are likely to stop off for a libation or two, perhaps at Seagle's Saloon, where noted local mixologist Cindy Dean pours your dram or draught.

Ms. Cindy Dean, photo courtesy of St. Mary's website
John and I would, of course, have been delighted to invite the womenfolk along on this adventure...but, hey, they have to work.

