Thursday, March 16, 2006

Sing a Powerful Song


Tonight the Saw Doctors come to Boston all the way from Tuam in Galway, and we'll be there to hear them. We may have a Guinness or two, just to make Davy and Leo feel 't home.

SING A POWERFUL SONG: The Saw Doctors

When the troubles of the whole wide world
Come knockin’ on your door
And there’s problems of a different kind
That you’ve never had before
When you’ve played against a gale force wind
And it changes at half time
And you find your strength deserting you
And an emptiness inside
When there’s people that will harm you
Though you’ve done to them no wrong
It's time to sing, it’s time to sing, to sing a powerful song

When they want to ruin our province
Just to turn it into gold
When they think our greatest asset
Can be mined, dug up, and sold
When the factories are all closin’
Like they are in our home town
And your friends are lookin’ out for work
That’s nowhere to be found
When the spirits they need a risin’
To be happy, proud, and strong
It's time to sing, it’s time to sing, to sing a powerful song
When the sprits they need a risin’
To be happy, proud, and strong
It's time to sing, it’s time to sing, to sing a powerful song

7 comments:

emmapeelDallas said...

Wow...enjoy the concert, and have a Guiness for me.

:)

Judi

Globetrotter said...

Hey Paul,

So nice when Irish eyes are smilin'.

Have fun tonight, though I know I needn't even say it.

And if I don't get a chance to say this before tomorrow..."May all your Erin's go Bra-less!"

Gigi said...

See, that's what I love about you, Cowboy ~ from a fresh fish fry-up at the funky Palm Pavillion to languidly sipping Jameson's at the elegant Myopia or Algonquin, you're just a natural wherever you go. The ability to feel 't home in any environment is a sure sign of confidence, sophistication and charm. 'To the manner' indeed. ;)

And tonight ~ Guinness and the Saw Doctors! Have fun you two, and raise a jar for me... :)

Happy St. Pat's!

sunflowerkat said...

I hope you had a great time! Did you do any DANCING?!?!?

XOXO

Paula J. Lambert said...

Couldn't let St. Patrick's Day pass without saying hello to the Single Man. Have a happy.

Anonymous said...

Forgive a digression, but this brought a vivid memory of Singing for Power, a book written by an anthropologist in 1938, subtitled The Song Magic of the Papago Indians of Southern Arizona (now Tohono O'Odham). I read it when I taught on their reservation. They are a poetic people with an abundance of ceremonial songs to sing down the clouds and for many other purposes. This song, every word except the 'factories closin', could also be theirs for the past 2 centuries. Thanks for the flashback. *debbi*

alphawoman said...

Well........???????? How was it?? I just arrived home from Cleveland and the adventure is still so fresh. I was babbling to Joe about what a fab time we had. I got to meet Leo!!! Read about it later...lol. Hope you had a great time too.