Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Pip, pip, cheerio

The Y-fronts are packed in the rucksack, and in two days this chuffed bloke will naff off to jolly old England. I've got a brolly and an anorak to keep dry, because I doubt the weather will be spot-on. I'm dotty enough to try the bangers and mash, but this particular yank doesn't fancy the bubble and squeak.

While I'm gone, don't get your knickers in a bunch. I won't get blotto, and I'm not daft enough to get stuck on the lift on the way to the loo. I'll keep the sods, wankers, and bounders away from my charges.

Bollocks! I just realized that I'm going to miss Jack Bauer on the bleedin' telly. The sacrifices I am called upon to make...

Ah, well. Easter in Canterbury. Things could be worse.

12 comments:

Erin O'Brien said...

Good luck finding a proper shag, guvnor.

Gannet Girl said...

OK, Paul, I know you like to profess to have not a religious bone in your body, which seems rather unlikely considering how you write, but if you are really going to be at Canterbury for Easter, P-L-E-A-S-E, for the good of the team (that would be me), put your own feelings aside and soak up absolutely every moment of everything. I see that at the 11am service the Archbishop of Canterbury is preaching; that would be Rowan Williams, one of my heroes, who could even become one of yours, too. Look him up. If you are having trouble figuring out how to spend your day, just imagine that you're spending it with me and go to everything that I would drag you to if it were in my power to do so. (Think of it this way -- if I were there, you would have to go to all five services. But long distance I'm only asking for one.) You will, survive, I promise, and even your cynical spirit will be fed by Chaucer's and Beckett's. And the music will be spectacular.

Overcome with jealousy...

emmapeelDallas said...

Pics, I want PICS...and of course, it goes without saying, all of your terrific descriptions of this wonderful trip...

XO

Judi

Cynthia said...

I hope your trip is incredible, even if I am green with envy. Easter in Canterbury...Gannet Girl is dead on target. Here's an amen from the choir.

DesLily said...

It's really not fair ya know!! Leaving us behind!!

have a safe, healthy and happy time there!! and of course take lots of pictures to share.

Gannet Girl said...

And by the way, are you sure that Fagin should your model for your role as serious AP English teacher chaperone????

Paula J. Lambert said...

Godspeed.

Chris said...

Have a safe and fun trip!

(mumbling to self...."lucky punk")

Chris
My Blog

Judith HeartSong said...

have a blast. judi

Anonymous said...

Paul, I envy you. Have a wonderful time, take lots of pictures, and ... " mind the gap." Tina

Jod{i} said...

Green, green with envy!
I am hoping for a few tales...(get it...such a geek)

Peace

Globetrotter said...

Love Gannet Girl's comment and can't wait to find out how you spent Easter mornin' !

Cheerio:)
Maryanne